Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'm moving to chicago in the next year and I have a few questions?

I'm looking for the CHEAPEST Chicago restaurants in the following categories



1. Dim Sum

2. Authentic Lebanese

3.Sushi

4. Budget Steakhouse

5. Indian

6. British

7. Puerto Rican/ Cuban

8. JewishI'm moving to chicago in the next year and I have a few questions?
Chicago has a neighborhood for all these places. China town is your best bet for Dim Sum. Three Happiness is popular. Budget steakhouse? Not really. Ronny's is a Chicago tradition though. It is a cafeteria style places that has steak specials. It is frequented by LOTS of politicians and local celebrities. British food? NO ONE likes British food. If you must, the Red Lion is the only place I know. I think it's more Scotch. Jewish food can be gotten in Chicago neighborhoods, but you would be better off in Skokie, Il. It is about 20 mintues from Chicago. It is a HUGE Jewish population and they have ALL the authentic fare you are looking for.I'm moving to chicago in the next year and I have a few questions?
Dim Sum in chinatown. I agree with three happiess



lebanese you can get off clark st. and belmont ave. but I can't remember the name



Sushi is all over and reasonably priced.



No budget steakhousesI'm moving to chicago in the next year and I have a few questions?
Can't help you with all of those, but the Chinatown neighborhood (Chinatown/Cermak stop on the Red Line) has most of the cheap Dim Sum restaurants. Best relatively cheap sushi, I think, is Nohana on Broadway in Lakeview (across the street is the better New Tokyo, but it's also more expensive.) Steak is tough - that's kind of expensive everywhere. Indian Garden is decent relatively cheap Indian food. Best cheap Jewish deli is the Bagel.

No comments:

Post a Comment